Shrek The Musical (TYA)
Seeking children 8+, teens and adults.
When: August 1 + 8
Time: 6:30 – 8:30
Show Dates: November 18, 19, 25, 26, December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17
Please print and bring this form with you to your audition. This is optional, but will help to expedite your audition process.
Please feel free to review the Audition Sides and Cast List prior to your audition.
When auditioning at the DCT, please bring the following:
- Current headshot or recent photo
- Current resume. If you do not have a resume, an information sheet will be available at the time of your audition for you to fill out.
- Please come prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway musical that shows your range. A pianist will be available.
- All children under the age of 16 should also be prepared to sing “Do, Re, Mi” from the Broadway musical, “The Sound Of Music.”
- If you elect to only audition with “Do, Re, Mi,” it is not required that you learn 16 bars from another Broadway musical.
SHOULD YOU BE CAST IN ONE OF OUR PRODUCTIONS
A rehearsal schedule will be issued on the first practice. Typically, we rehearse over a combination of two weekday evenings and one weekend day afternoon. During tech week (the last week prior to opening), it is mandatory that all company members be present at all rehearsals. This includes the Saturday to Saturday prior to the first performance.
- Please note: The Wednesday of tech week is usually a “dark” rehearsal night for cast members.
TIPS FOR AUDITIONING
When auditioning with the DCT, remember to do the following:
- Dress for the part! For example, if you want to try out for Cinderella, then don’t come to the audition in jeans and a cutoff t-shirt.
- Stand still when on stage. Try not to shuffle your feet back and forth when you get to the stage.
- Keep your hands to your sides. Keeping your hands to your sides will allow you to stay focused and listen to instruction from the casting committee.
- Learn from the experience and have fun by watching and listening other actors and the casting committee, you can improve!
Additional questions can be directed to
The Delaware Children’s Theatre
(302) 655-1014 | firstname.lastname@example.org