Updated September 14, 2021
Here at the Delaware Children’s Theatre, the safety and well-being of our children, patrons, volunteers and artists is our top priority. During this challenging time, we have been giving a great deal of thought to how we can best keep our beloved community safe while reopening our doors. Please read on for important information on the temporary changes we are making, and what you can expect when visiting DCT this fall.
- After the most recent spike in cases, many venues have begun verifying the vaccination status of artists, staff, and ticket holders to best protect everyone and limit the spread. For the safety of our community, especially our young and unvaccinated children, all patrons 12 and up will be required to be vaccinated and masked while in our theatre building. Patrons 2-12 will be required to be masked.
- Patrons 12 and up will need to show a valid vaccination card, a copy of your vaccination card, or have a legible photo of your vaccination card on your phone, along with a valid ID. While inside the building, we ask that you remain masked unless eating or drinking.
- We will be offering online ticket sales ONLY. There will be no live box office. Your tickets will be delivered via email.
- Concessions will consist of pre-packaged “snack packs” and only be available for purchase online as an order add-on. You will simply show your snack pack order with your tickets, and pick up your snack packs at check-in.
- Doors will open to the public at 1:20pm for each performance, and ushers will immediately direct you to your seats. There will be no waiting or gathering inside the building.
- For the time being, there will be no meet and greet after the show. (We know this is disappointing!)
- We have reduced the number of available tickets in order to accommodate proper distancing.
As a result, ticket prices will be slightly higher for the time being. We appreciate your understanding.
This will be a constantly evolving process as we move forward, and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation with these temporary but vital safety measures. Please feel free to contact the office with any questions or concerns.
302-655-1014 • firstname.lastname@example.org