DCT Summer 2021 Theatre Arts Workshops (FULLY BOOKED)
Marie Swajeski, Founder & past Artistic Director of DCT has spent most of her life involved in theatre and a large percentage of that time, working with children. She created, and then taught, these popular children’s workshops for many years. Donna Marie Swajeski, now plans the curriculum and oversees the workshops. Most of the current workshop instructors have grown up under Mrs. Swajeski’s tutelage and have gone on to pursue theatre-arts educations and have professional theater and teaching experience.
The overall goal of this workshop is to enable young, creative minds to be comfortable with their own voices, bodies, instincts, and ideas. The value of this for children interested in auditioning for, and participating in, theatre is obvious, but these talents will serve them well in all future endeavors.
Discover your child’s potential. Start your child’s summer off with some mental and physical stimulation. While working and playing with others, your child will participate in activities structured to build self-confidence. Your child will learn, grow, and explore through creativity. Oh, and did we mention they will have lots of fun?
Dates: June 28-July 2, 2021
Time: Ages 5-8: 9:00am-12:00pm / Ages 9-13: 1:00pm-4:30pm
Where: DCT – 1014 Delaware Ave, Wilmington, DE 19806
Cost: $250 (SOLD OUT)
- Basic Acting Techniques
- Imagination Exercises
- Voice & Projection
- Movement/Mime/Musical Theatre Dance
- Exploration of Various Emotions
- Technical Instruction (make-up, props, costumes)
- Educational Tour of the Theatre
- Scene Study (teens only)
- In order to keep activities age-appropriate, children are divided into two groups. Each group has an experienced teacher and at least one assistant.
- Children bring their own lunch and drinks. Cold water is provided during the day. All activities are held inside the DCT building. Unfortunately, we are not set up to provide before and after childcare.
Any cancellation must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. A cancellation made prior to June 1 will receive a refund less $200. A cancellation made after June 1 is not eligible for any refund unless there is a verifiable emergency or other situation that will make it impossible for the child to attend the workshop, in which case the refund amount will be determined by DCT.